We are excited to announce a strategic partnership with Quantum Key Stakeholder Assembly on Nov 9 in Barcelona in support of the proposal to the UN to proclaim 2025 as the International Year of Quantum Science & Technologies.
The Quantum Assembly will be the avenue where global leaders in the quantum industry will present recommendations and their voices in support of the proposed IYQ2025 resolution to the United Nations.
The assembly will conclude with a ceremonial signing of an Open Letter to the UN signed by over 300 quantum leaders worldwide.
In partnership with the executive committee of IYQ2025, the “Quantum Key Stakeholder Assembly” will convene global decision-makers and leaders in the quantum industry to:
- Provide a platform to present the voice and recommendations of the quantum industry in preparation for the International Year of Quantum
- Discuss 4 quantum-related perspectives and topics of relevance to the UN bodies such as UNICEF and ITU on issues such as SDGs, climate, education, gender equity and more
Quantum assembly is a part of PUZZLE X (Nov 7-9) in Barcelona that brings together over 3000+ stakeholders and decision-makers from 82 countries. Among the speakers are:
– Sir Roger Penrose, Nobel Laureate, Oxford University
– Christian Larsson, CIO, UNICEF
– Dr. Bill Phillips, Nobel Laureate, NIST
– Sir Kostya Novoselov, Nobel Laureate, NUS
– Sir Robin Saxby, Founding CEO & Chairman, ARM
– Nabil Alnuaim, CEO, Aramco Digital
– Dr. Chema Alonso, Chief Digital Officer, Telefonica
The assembly will organize 4 closed-door sessions on central topics of relevance to the United Nations. Invited stakeholders will formulate recommendations and discuss harmonized global action that could help in addressing these issues during a proposed UN-proclaimed year of quantum. The topics are:
- Equitable Advances in Quantum: Country Equity | Public private partnerships | Best-practice-sharing among regions and current and future stakeholders
- Narrowing the Quantum Divide: Gender equity | Educational gap | Future talent & workforce development
- Quantum-safe world : Quantum secure communication & global readiness
- Towards the 2030 Agenda: Can Quantum technologies assist in reaching UN Sustainable Development Goals?
The Assembly will conclude with a ceremonial signing of an Open Letter by key international quantum stakeholders to encourage the United Nations to pass the resolution. To date, the letter has been signed by many leading figures in science such as Nobel laureates Bill Phillips, Sir Kostya Novoselov and 300 other major quantum stakeholders and companies. The letter remains open for signatures until Nov 1,2023.
Through this partnership, we invite our members to present their recommendations and views at the assembly. Request an invitation to be a part of these key discussions by clicking here.