Website Quantum Brilliance
Diamond Quantum Technology Company
Quantum Brilliance is the world pioneer in room-temperature quantum computing using synthetic diamonds. Our unique vision is to make quantum computing available as an everyday technology, from data centers to remote and mobile systems like autonomous robots and satellites. In contrast to quantum computers that fill a room, we are developing quantum accelerators with more computing power than a classical supercomputer but a form factor smaller than a lunchbox.
Founded in 2019 by experts in diamond quantum science from the Australian National University, we are a full-stack quantum computing start-up. An Australia-German company, our HQs are in Canberra and Stuttgart, with additional locations across Australia and southern Germany. We are working with global technology innovators to develop quantum computing applications, integrate quantum with high-performance computing, solve materials science problems and develop ultra-precise semiconductor manufacturing and control techniques. We are backed by eminent venture capital funds and major research and technology institutes.
The UK Country Manager is responsible for the establishment and growth of Quantum Brilliance’s (QB) UK Office and is the key representative for QB in the UK. Broadly, the Country Manager has oversight of all business operations in the UK, including planning, people, finance, customer engagement, strategic partnerships and business reporting. The required skills include leadership, public sector engagement, communication, networking, problem-solving, strategic partnering and grant writing.
The Country Manager requires a working knowledge of the deep tech and adjacent industries, with an established network especially within the UK government. A functional knowledge of quantum computing is required, however, deep technical expertise is not. The UK Country Manager reports to the CEO.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Shape and execute on the UK strategy as agreed with the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Represent QB in the UK, establish and nurture key relationships in the UK in accordance with the strategy, including for the purposes of corporate development, public sector development and business development opportunities.
- Seek and obtain resources to support the execution of the both the UK strategy and QB’s strategy more broadly, including alignment with the technology roadmap, product roadmap, GTM roadmap, building talent base, securing funding and strategic partnerships
- Solve operational and strategic problems to ensure QB experiences growth in UK market.
- Own the operations of the UK entity, including P&L responsibility, supporting revenue generation as well as controlling local operating costs.
- Keep local resources informed of new tools, processes and policies implemented at HQ/ Global level with direct or indirect impacts on their day-to-day work duties
- Ensure compliance with UK laws and regulations
- Work closely with ExCo members to support one another across their respective roles and responsibilities, including providing reporting to the CEO and ExCo as and when required.
- Establish QB’s UK Office, including location identity, co-location/ premises, equipment, logistics, branding and business administration.
Personal traits & attributes
- Strong communicator in both written and spoken media.
- Strong network connections in the UK ecosystem, especially with government and quantum technology partners.
- High level of energy and charisma. Speaks with conviction in a subtle manner which inspires confidence.
- Not afraid to get into the nitty gritty of the work, can achieve an outcome end to end, from inception all the way through to delivery
- Understands the multi-hatted nature of startups
- Excellent grant writing and business development skills
- Strong experience in startup / org buildUnderstands the key value levers of establishing a new company
- Has experienced the early days of a startup including initial operations, first hires etc.
- Established UK government networkWell connected network and seen as a trusted player
- Track record in quantum ecosystem building (e.g. been involved with developing quantum initiatives such as spinning out new businesses or delivering government policy)
- Typically, 10+ years of industry experience
- None initially, with the team expected to grow in accordance with local success
- Must be located in the UK
Why Quantum Brilliance?
At Quantum Brilliance, you’ll join a team of experts working to create a massive, transformative impact globally. You’ll join a team of problem-solvers, who are curious and driven to understand and master new things. We pride ourselves on a collaborative environment, where we learn from the unique expertise that each person brings and support the growth of each team member.
Quantum Brilliance’s vision to enable mass deployment of quantum accelerators will propel industries to harness edge computing applications and next-generation supercomputers. Our international partnerships extend into North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific, working with governments, supercomputing centres, research organizations and industry leaders.
If the above seems well aligned and you are looking for an opportunity to progress your career into a dynamic and fast-moving startup/scaleup venture in the Quantum Computing arena then we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment; hence we are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit quantumbrilliance.bamboohr.com.