Website Parity Quantum Computing GmbH
Quantum Hardware Theorist
Parity Quantum Computing GmbH
(Hamburg, Full time, m/w/x)
What we do
ParityQC is the world’s only Quantum Architecture Company. We have developed a fundamentally new way of solving industry-relevant problems on quantum computers.
We are developing ParityOS, a toolchain of software that translates optimization problems from its raw mathematical formulation to a complete quantum program, which is specifically customized for the underlying hardware platform.
About the job
We are looking for a Quantum Hardware Theorist who will join our team of quantum scientists creating next generation quantum computers. The role involves mainly the theoretical modelling and simulation of trapped ions, atoms or NV-centers based QC. You will develop pioneering realizations of multi-qubit gates including noise effects and support the co-designing of algorithms and error correction protocols specifically adapted to these hardware platforms using the ParityQC architecture.
As a Quantum Hardware Theorist, you will theoretically model the underlying physics of trapped ion, atoms or NV-center hardware platforms including noise effects. You will utilize the specific advantages of trapped ions, neutral atoms or NV-center based quantum computers to co-design performant algorithms and to propose the experimental realization of improved qubit gates. This co-development of hardware and software requires both a profound theoretical knowledge of quantum information theory as well as a deep understanding of the specific qubit platforms. Your tasks involve creating innovative techniques and strategies to tackle optimization problems in the Parity Architecture for trapped ions, atoms or NV-center based hardware platforms.
Skills & Experience
Required Skills & Experience
• PhD degree in physics or related subject with a focus on trapped ions or atoms or NV-center based quantum computation
• Deep understanding of trapped ions or atoms or NV-center based quantum computers
• Deep understanding of quantum computation and quantum information
• Programming skills, in particular Python
• High degree of creativity and pro-activeness
• Ability to work self-initiated and independently, experience in research
• Fluency in English
• A proven track record in quantum physics and in particular trapped ions or atoms or NV-center based quantum computation
• German skills are a plus, but not required
What we offer
We are a spin-off working in one of the most exciting emerging technology fields. There are no long-time proven concepts on what we are doing – we need to invent everything from scratch, and we are therefore able to shape a whole new generation of computing. ParityOS is the first fully cloud-based operating system for quantum computers. We are pioneers in this field and develop the blueprints for the upcoming generations. Thus, the position also allows to conduct research and publish in peer-reviewed journals. Altogether we offer:
• Excellent work-life balance
• Flexible working hours with home office options
• An innovative and international working environment
• A motivated team, friendly atmosphere, flat hierarchies
• Continuous training and encouragement of personal development
**Please submit a copy of your CV and a cover letter stating why you would be interested in working at ParityQC and why your experience is relevant **
Job: full time
Hours of work per week: 40 h
Remuneration based on experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org