At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we are building quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries: from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We have launched Europe’s first Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to bring quantum to our customers’ fingertips and help them improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 40 people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, software and business operations from marketing to intellectual property. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
As OQCs cleanroom supervisor, you will draw on your previous professional experience to take ownership of the day-to-day running of the cleanroom, to organise tool installations and maintenance plan, as well as leading efficiency improvements in the cleanroom. In addition, you will contribute to the development of reproducible process flows to build commercial quantum processors, as well as contribute to the nanofabrication work. Within the Technology Team you will work closely on multiple and varied projects within our multi-disciplinary team of physicists, nanotechnologists, electrical engineers, software developers, etc..
We work in multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams to develop and deliver OQC’s R&D projects. This means that responsibilities can be varied depending on skills across:
- Day-to-day running of OQCs cleanroom.
- Design and implementation of procedures/tools to enhance throughput, yield and precision.
- Creation and maintenance of process documentation, project plans and reports.
- Ensuring maintenance of equipment and servicing is carried out.
- Overall responsibility for Health and Safety in the cleanroom.
- Contribution to fabrication of superconducting quantum processors and devices for both R&D and product development.
- Room-temperature test, characterisation and metrology of superconducting devices.
£45,000 – £55,000 pa., based on experience.
We also offer multiple benefits, from private medical insurance to Employee Assistance Cash Plan, from cycle to work to gym and fitness memberships. All our employees also participate in our ESOP. For more info, visit https://apply.workable.com/oqc/
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Engineering/Physics based degree qualification or equivalent.
- 5+ years in laboratory/clean room environment.
- Specific experience with the following processes:
- Wafer-scale photolithography with micron-resolution.
- Deposition of uniform thin films.
- Experience with fabrication tool installation, commissioning, qualification and process bring-up.
- Experience with vacuum systems.
- Experience with implementation of Health and Safety Protocols.
- Operation and handling of high-pressure systems (cylinders and manifolds).
- Highly adaptable, good communication and interpersonal skills.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience with thin film deposition and metrology of superconducting materials.
- Familiarity with advanced metrology techniques and equipment (SEM, AFM, FIB, etc).
- Experience with training others on fabrication tools and processes.
- Experience with nanofabrication process improvement.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
OQC’s office is located in Shinfield, Reading. There will be a requirement for occasional travel throughout the UK and elsewhere abroad for conferences, meetings and engineering visits.
Please apply via https://apply.workable.com/oqc/ . As part of our application process we ask that you also provide us with a cover letter outlining why you think you would be a good fit for the role and what attracts you to OQC. Applications without a cover letter including this information will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At OQC we are not just hoping you’ll fit in our culture. We aspire to thrive, as a company and as people, thanks to your diversity of thought and background. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing our team members with a work environment free from discrimination, where everyone is treated with respect. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, talent and merit and all our colleagues share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to diversity. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, or if you think we can do better with our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.